Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 13

8:45 AM: mnghoojk. Right?

5:45 PM: I apparently fell asleep in class today and didn't wake up when my name was called for attendance. It  took a couple of pokes from the person sitting behind me. We all had a laugh. Ahhh, the sound of 120 people laughing at you. It's so filling and warm and empowering; just like Fall Out Boy or crying babies, or nails on a chalkboard.

7:00 PM: Had a long talk to Doc about what happened. He's concerned. Here's a summary of the conversation.

                Damn right I'm concerned. When you fall asleep and don't wake up as you normally would, it's called unconscious unresponsive. I'm afraid you passed out, not fell asleep.


                Okay. So, say I went on a 4 day camping trip where I didn't sleep much, expended more than usual energy and ate less than usual. If when I got home I showered, got in bed, and fell asleep, but was difficult to wake up because I was so tired, would I be unconscious unresponsive? Would I have passed out or fallen asleep.

                No, that's different. In that case you would have made a conscious decision to fall asleep. 


                Well, what if I made a conscious decision to doze off in my chair before class started?

                IF you did that, THEN it would be sleeping.


                Then, that's what happened.

                 ....When this started, you promised full disclosure, otherwise I said I wouldn't do this.


                 Fine, it was more like, I consciously decided to stop preventing myself from sleeping in chair before class.

                 That's a pretty weak distinction.


                 It's a fair distinction. It means I'm negligent like a truck driver who falls asleep at the wheel, not endangering my health.

                 You've bought yourself a day. Call me tomorrow after class.


10:00 PM: Goodnight. Hope tomorrow isn't unconscious unresponsive.

No comments:

Post a Comment