Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 8

5:45 AM: As I find myself awake before 6:00 AM for no particular reason, and see that today is day 8, I am thinking to myself, "Sir, you are a Grade A, Premium, 93 Octane idiot."

            I respond: "Top of the line, but still an idiot."

            "Yes," I reply.

            Then I stop because I realize it is 6 in the morning and I am talking to myself.

7:00 AM: I relate the story to Doc. He laughs.

            "I'd be more worried if your dogs were talking to you, or if you didn't realize you were talking to yourself."


I can't help but think about homeless people who talk to themselves. I honestly hope they are crazy and not just hungry.

This experience better not turn into a bottle episode.


7:15 AM: Jason sits down on the floor with Duncan and Scottie. He deals everyone seven cards for "Go Fish." Duncan and Scottie call the game "Get Treat."
                 "Any Jacks?"
                 Duncan and Scottie stare at Jason.
                 "I'll take that as 'Get Treat.'"
                 Duncan and Scottie jump, spin, hop on two legs, bark, and act they are the one's who haven't eaten in eight days.

Right. At least they aren't talking. But I have started narrating.

                Jason decides that's enough for now.


10:00 AM: When brainstorming ideas to help #savecommunity, do not listen to "Grenade" by @BrunoMars or "I Can't Decide" by @scissorsistors. If you are delirious, you will end up with a list of ways to kill yourself and a list of ways to kill NBC executives.


4:00 PM: Protein Shake time. Check back later for 2nd weigh-in.

1:30 AM: Fell asleep on the couch around 6 PM. Woke up to a bunch of notes of encouragement. Thanks a lot for the support. Much needed. Gonna do the weigh-in tomorrow morning and go back to sleep. In bed this time.






1 comment: